Wednesday, September 5, 2007

What's new with me!

Well--my new thing coincides with a future event plus a flashback to the past.
My countdown to Def Leppard is 14 days. I AM SO PUMPED! Mainly because I've finally "detached" my little Raegan from myself! She is 9 months old, and I never thought this day would come. I was so devastated at first, but can't believe the freedom that has already come and it's only been a week. This new freedom allows the concert (which we were already going to) without a phone call saying "she's hungry!!!" Can't wait to seriously jam--they rock in concert.
(ahh......) Back in 1999, was our "first" Leppard concert. We went with Anissa & her hubby Nate. side note--if you're not familiar w/ def leppard, the drummer only has one arm-- AND everyone there obviously knows this. We are doing some major jammin' and I can seriously see Anissa laughing hysterically! I yell--what's so funny?? and it's so funny she can't tell me! so she then tells me that Nathan just said to her--DID YOU KNOW THE DRUMMER ONLY HAS ONE ARM?????!!!! Nothing has ever been so funny to me, and poor guy will never forget that question cz we won't let him. But I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed the concert. After that we vowed we'd see them every time they came back. So far, it's true. Last year I was almost 8 mth. prego when we went, and it didn't stop me from standing on the seat(suite seats) and bangin' my head!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have a good time...Hey and Diane..I wanted to Thank You...for your kind words on my blog! You are so sweet, it made my day...I have been having a hard time lately with how I "look" and how I "think" I should look...It's sad what happens to us after we have babies..and the realization that our bodies will never be what they were...is a bit much at times!! They are worth every bit of it...wouldn't give them up for a second..it's just hard when it hits me! So Thanks for making my day!! :)

Miss Niss said...

thats hilarious...he will NEVER be rid of us harassing him about it!

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

that sounds like so much fun!!! wish i could tag along!! i use to go to concerts all the time, but i've never been to one since i married jon! go figure! and that story about nate not knowing the drummer had only 1 arm was hilarious!!! :) ( i didn't know that either)